This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Warning for converting (possibly) negative float/double to unsigned int
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 10:39:59 +0000
- Subject: Re: Warning for converting (possibly) negative float/double to unsigned int
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56D0C36A dot 5060303 at math dot purdue dot edu>
On 26/02/16 21:28, Bradley Lucier wrote:
> Any advice on how to proceed? I'd be willing to write and test the few
> lines of code myself if I knew where to put them.
The best thing, rather than warning, would be to define this
conversion as a GCC extension and implement it consistently
everywhere. Then we wouldn't need a warning, and there'd be
one fewer trap.