Re: Committing via git

On 02/26/2016 12:18 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

On 2/26/2016 11:50 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 26 February 2016 at 17:25, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Hi

Is there something special needed to commit via git? I got an odd
error pushing some minor RTEMS patches and wondered what the proper
procedure was.

I am using the same commands and process I use with newlib so was
wondering.

The website has svn instructions so maybe I am just confused after
being up too long.

GCC sources are still subversion. The trunk (aka master) and
gcc-*-branch branches in Git are read-only, you can only push to
personal branches.

Well that would certainly explain why a git push to master didn't work. :)
Yup. Many folks are successfully using git-svn. There' instructions somewhere on the gcc.gnu.org site for setting that up.

jeff