This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Committing via git
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:50:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: Committing via git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CF9C2004-2F37-4382-BC2B-742D152A344F at oarcorp dot com>
On 26 February 2016 at 17:25, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Is there something special needed to commit via git? I got an odd error pushing some minor RTEMS patches and wondered what the proper procedure was.
> I am using the same commands and process I use with newlib so was wondering.
> The website has svn instructions so maybe I am just confused after being up too long.
GCC sources are still subversion. The trunk (aka master) and
gcc-*-branch branches in Git are read-only, you can only push to