This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [WWWDocs] Deprecate support for non-thumb ARM devices
- From: Stefan Ring <stefanrin at gmail dot com>
- To: David Brown <david at westcontrol dot com>
- Cc: "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Kyrylo Tkachov <Kyrylo dot Tkachov at arm dot com>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:37:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [WWWDocs] Deprecate support for non-thumb ARM devices
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56CDB728 dot 1050300 at arm dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602241734510 dot 27089 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <56CEC761 dot 3060204 at arm dot com> <CAAxjCEyoF+bs2njh_oi7oNHkkddN9AVSPecgQVsKygbeNmrBPw at mail dot gmail dot com> <56CF0C9B dot 6030003 at westcontrol dot com>
On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 3:15 PM, David Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
> The "t" is thumb, "e" means "DSP-like extensions", and I suspect the "l"
> is a misprint for "j", meaning the Jazelle (Java) acceleration instructions.
I doubt that as "armv5tejl" is also quite common.