This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: who owns stack args?
- From: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 23:42:16 +0300 (MSK)
- Subject: Re: who owns stack args?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201602241920 dot u1OJKXXL022846 at greed dot delorie dot com>
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, DJ Delorie wrote:
> The real question is: are stack arguments call-clobbered or
> call-preserved? Does the answer depend on the "pure" attribute?
Stack area holding stack arguments should belong to the callee for tail-calls
to work (the callee will trash that area when laying out arguments for the
tail call; thanks to Rich Felker for pointing that out to me).
Thus it cannot depend on attribute-pure.