Does sysroot-suffix.h need to be installed?

Does sysroot-suffix.h need to be installed even when it's empty?  Does
anything outside of gcc actually use it?  Can it be left out or given a blank
line?  I notice that not all targets produce such a file.

The reason I ask is that rpmlint gives an error on empty files, and
sysroot-suffix.h is empty at least for m68k.

David