This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Need some help regarding bug Bug 38612
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Prasad Ghangal <prasad dot ghangal at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:42:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: Need some help regarding bug Bug 38612
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAE+uiWZZ4KhPmc9PrhNqJ_--nW+tgqKgN+DMfqBwm6c5sp6LVA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 12:25 +0530, Prasad Ghangal wrote:
> Hi !
> I am trying to fix bug 38612
> As mentioned in comment 4, I am changing warning message in
> typeck2.c. TREE_TYPE(datum) gives type as 'X', but I want 'X*'
I believe you want to use build_pointer_type (defined in gcc/tree.c) to
go from type X to type X*.
> how to add notes as suggested in the comment ?
Somewhat confusingly, "inform" is the function to call to get a "note".
"inform" is defined in gcc/diagnostic.c.
Hope this is helpful