This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Placement new versus flifetime-dse
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:27:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: Placement new versus flifetime-dse
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C31E46 dot 9030205 at redhat dot com> <20160216131654 dot GR3017 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 02/16/2016 01:16 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>> > Can someone please tell me Chapter and Verse in the standard, please?
>> > Then I can close this one.
> I'd think [basic.life] describes this.
For the record, I found it in C++98 [class.cdtor]:
For an object of non-POD class type ... before the constructor
begins execution ... referring to any non-static member or base
class of the object results in undefined behavior