This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Early inlining and function references from static const struct (bug?)
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>,GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 16:59:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: Early inlining and function references from static const struct (bug?)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAELgYhepY2Vnjt8-ExmY-9jtw=4Q6E6=SrFYgX85QmT5Aqnc=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAELgYhceHGkmBKa=Xez28ne3utPMwvgscbDiKdKcJsaDtVV3=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAELgYhcVGZ=JQQa+Qao2i1ofu9-_-WT4MxVrRNLC9rCCrcbrXw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc2Ny5=mftu1QVEJrsPyMxq_0OiX8w3uMcjy6V4sYX24Yg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAELgYhdBPa2ryWC86GD-YzWMM2U_AJbYNcnY=3zginu96DE8Xw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc3J+fiSovw7E7Bv_9R-Vq5BZ8Lfr8FttQC-j6kMnXoX2A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAELgYhc+zFG7xUZQqgHwdeiMB_rDZ-5qirDiwJdcg60N+6APvA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On February 5, 2016 3:27:17 PM GMT+01:00, Carlos Pita <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I was saying that early inlining is not supposed to catch this case
>> but IPA inlining.
>> it shouldn't need to inline g early to end up inlining the calls to
>sq. IPA CP
>> should clone g for the case of it calling sq and then inlining should
>> just do its job.
>Ok, I fully agree with that, forcing early inlining to trigger late
>inlining is just a workaround. But there is still the fact that ipa
>inlining is indeed inlining the compound literal case (despite ipa cp
>failing there) while it's unable to inline the static const case that,
>as I understand it, you don't seem to consider a missed oportunity for
>ipa cp. So say you fix the "aggregate D.1772" scenario, I guess it
>won't change anything regarding ipa inlining.
No, I thought it would inline that anyway...