Re: Early inlining and function references from static const struct (bug?)

> I was saying that early inlining is not supposed to catch this case
> but IPA inlining.
> it shouldn't need to inline g early to end up inlining the calls to sq.  IPA CP
> should clone g for the case of it calling sq and then inlining should
> just do its job.

Ok, I fully agree with that, forcing early inlining to trigger late
inlining is just a workaround. But there is still the fact that ipa
inlining is indeed inlining the compound literal case (despite ipa cp
failing there) while it's unable to inline the static const case that,
as I understand it, you don't seem to consider a missed oportunity for
ipa cp. So say you fix the "aggregate D.1772" scenario, I guess it
won't change anything regarding ipa inlining.

Cheers
--
Carlos