This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[ANN] build2 - C++ build toolchain
- From: Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 14:25:20 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: [ANN] build2 - C++ build toolchain
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
build2 is an open source, cross-platform toolchain for building and
packaging C++ code. It includes a build system, package manager, and
repository web interface. We've also started cppget.org, a public
repository of open source C++ packages.
This is the first alpha release and currently it is more of a technology
preview rather than anything that is ready for production. We have tested
this version on various Linux'es, Mac OS, and FreeBSD. There is no Windows
support yet (but cross-compilation is supported).
The project's page is:
For those who need to see examples right away, here is the introduction: