This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC compat testing and simulator question
- From: "Steve Ellcey " <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 15:40:07 -0800
- Subject: GCC compat testing and simulator question
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have a question about the compatibility tests (gcc.dg/compat and
g++.dg/compat). Do they work with remote/simulator testing? I was
trying to run them with qemu and even though I am setting ALT_CC_UNDER_TEST
and ALT_CXX_UNDER_TEST it doesn't look like my alternative compiler
is ever getting run.
The README.compat file contains a line about 'make sure they work for
testing with a simulator' does that mean they are known not to work
with cross-testing and using a simulator?
I don't get any errors or warnings, and tests are being compiled with
GCC and run under qemu but it doesn't look like the second compiler is
ever run to compile anything. I am using the multi-sim dejagnu board.