This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "cc" clobber
- From: David Wohlferd <dw at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:22:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: "cc" clobber
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160201145856 dot 61D4C529E at oc7340732750 dot ibm dot com>
On 2/1/2016 6:58 AM, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
I think on many targets a clobber "cc" works because the backend
actually defines a register named "cc" to correspond to the flags.
Therefore the normal handling of clobbering named hard registers
catches this case as well.
This doesn't work on i386 because there the flags register is called
"flags" in the back end.
Doh! Of course. This makes perfect sense. Thanks.