This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "cc" clobber
- From: David Wohlferd <dw at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 01:51:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: "cc" clobber
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A7FD49 dot 7060109 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <56A80FD6 dot 6000002 at t-online dot de>
On 1/26/2016 4:31 PM, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
On 01/27/2016 12:12 AM, David Wohlferd wrote:
I started by just commenting out the code in ix86_md_asm_adjust that
unconditionally clobbered the flags. I figured this would allow the
'normal' "cc" handling to occur. But apparently there is no 'normal'
I have a dim memory that there's a difference between the "cc" and
"CC" spellings. You might want to check that.
I checked, but my scan of the current code isn't turning up anything for
"CC" related to clobbers either.
While presumably "cc" did something at one time, apparently now it's
just an unenforced comment (on extended asm). Not a problem, just a bit
of a surprise.