This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiling with -m64 using attribute interrupt emits IRET not IRETQ
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Wink Saville <wink at saville dot com>
- Cc: Yulia Koval <vaalfreja at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 10:39:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: Compiling with -m64 using attribute interrupt emits IRET not IRETQ
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKk8isqhifc557h8Dj5a4kA5Ei64CpvJWoyrVHDngtjDfdw9ug at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOq=4PCXXZLu1O-8ucce4PNJ9LBuVTvd2nD_dWZsVhvCPQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:26 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Wink Saville <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I using hjl/interrupt/gcc-5-branch and my program is crashing when I
>> issue an INT xx. The problem appears to me to be that using
>> __attribute__ ((interrupt)) causes the a IRET to be emitted when an
>> IRETQ should be emitted. Below is my trivial do nothing main.c which I
>> compile with and then use objdump to view the assembler source.
>> I compiled x86_64-unknown-elf-xxxx using crosstool-ng, could that be a problem?
> I fixed it on hjl/interrupt/gcc-5-branch branch. I will fix it for
> hjl/interrupt/stage1 soon.
hjl/interrupt/stage1 branch is also fixed.