Re: RFC: Support non-standard extension (call via casted function pointer)

On 26.01.2016 21:47, Richard Biener wrote:
>>> So, hookize and change to
>>>
>>>   if (outgoing && POINTER_TYPE_P (TREE_TYPE (TREE_TYPE (func))))
>>>   else if (POINTER_TYPE_P (valtype))
>>>  else
>> Looks good and clean to me, but I expect my patch to have the same
>> effect.
> I would still prefer the more obvious approach of using the target hook transition.
I intended to express in my last email: Me too, and I will prepare a
patch with a target hook if there is consensus that this patch can be
accepted. I do not want the current patch committed as-is, I just posted
it to get the idea across and start discussion.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher