Re: RFC: Support non-standard extension (call via casted function pointer)

Hi Richard!

On 01/26/2016 08:01 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
>> I developed a gcc patch that does not change the code generation for
>> conforming programs but fixes this non-conforming use-case by always
>> taking the actual return type in the call expression into account, even
>> if the function declaration to be called is known. Please comment
>> whether such a patch has any chance to be applied to either gcc
>> upstream
>> or gcc in Debian.
>
> Without looking at the patch this is already how GCC should behave for all targets.

So, would you actually favor the inclusion of Michael's changes?

Having gcc allow to work with such code would actually allow us
to bootstrap ghc on m68k again which would be awesome :).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz