This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C/C++ standards supported by the preprocessor
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 17:03:34 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: C/C++ standards supported by the preprocessor
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569C4E92 dot 1090108 at codesourcery dot com>
On Sun, 17 Jan 2016, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> I noticed that the section on preprocessor options in the GCC manual
> (which is also shared by the CPP manual) still claims that the default
> -std= values are gnu90 for C and gnu++98 for C++, and does not list any
> C++ versions after gnu++98. AFAICT from digging through code and trying
> some experiments to see what's accepted on the command line, the options
> and defaults for CPP are exactly the same as those for GCC; is that
Anything else would be a bug, IMHO.
> I'd like to get rid of the duplicate documentation, somehow -- having to
> maintain two copies can only lead to more problems with them getting out
> of sync in the future, plus the GCC manual already lists so many options
> we don't need to list some of them twice.