This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ipa vrp implementation in gcc
- From: vivek pandya <vivekvpandya at gmail dot com>
- To: Kugan <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:45:36 +0530
- Subject: Re: ipa vrp implementation in gcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5692F974 dot 2000805 at linaro dot org> <CAFiYyc0jJpQmg4uh8EhAC0S84=JyBqWdz3rRYuwi85M9YTzecA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHYgpoKLrWmDV1d1_K_1naQZhGxehAifvq3esnA1D27a0T0QBA at mail dot gmail dot com> <569C19CD dot 8090208 at linaro dot org> <CAHYgpo+RU1Mm-uFPg1PDebegqEA99xhwpRnaqR1WNNB5CK2h1w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM, vivek pandya <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Vivek Pandya
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 4:16 AM, Kugan
> <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > Hello I am Vivek Pandya, I am actually working on a GSoC 2016 proposal
>> > for his work and it is very similar to extending ipa-cp pass. I am also
>> > in touch with Jan Hubicka.
>> Hi Vivek,
>> Glad to know that you are planning to work on this. Could you please put
>> you plan in an accessible place (or post it here) so that we know what
>> you plans are. That way we can work on what you are not working. And
>> also possible contribute to your plan in other ways (like testing and
> Hello Kugan,
> Actually my work will include extending the ipa-cp pass to propagate
> range information and then integrating this information to improve LTO
> optimizations (at-least one). But as mentioned by Jan Hubicka the real
> problem is not to extend ipa-cp pass but tree-vrp it self a big task
> and scheduling it at early stage will cost a performance lose.
> So actually I was looking at some alternatives to Patterson's approach
> and particularly I found this non iterative method:
> https://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daw/papers/range-tacas04.pdf which has
> already implemented in LLVM
Also please some one suggest me wether this non iterative method will
be good to have as alternative VRP or not ? i.e will it serve our
purpose of light weight VRP to be used at earlier stage ??
> So my plan for this is first implementing above mentioned approach
> till 23 May , 2016 (My college project ) and then use this local pass
> for Value range analysis and then in my GSoC 2016 project I will use
> this pass for ipa-vrp pass and improving other ipa optimizations to
> use this information.
> Though in particular I have yet not figured implementation details.
> Currently I am learning about gcc IRs.
> If you have any further idea ( specially about constraints based
> method ) please let me know and help building my implementation