This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ipa vrp implementation in gcc
- From: vivek pandya <vivekvpandya at gmail dot com>
- To: Kugan <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:35:38 +0530
- Subject: Re: ipa vrp implementation in gcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5692F974 dot 2000805 at linaro dot org> <CAFiYyc0jJpQmg4uh8EhAC0S84=JyBqWdz3rRYuwi85M9YTzecA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHYgpoKLrWmDV1d1_K_1naQZhGxehAifvq3esnA1D27a0T0QBA at mail dot gmail dot com> <569C19CD dot 8090208 at linaro dot org>
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 4:16 AM, Kugan
> > Hello I am Vivek Pandya, I am actually working on a GSoC 2016 proposal
> > for his work and it is very similar to extending ipa-cp pass. I am also
> > in touch with Jan Hubicka.
> Hi Vivek,
> Glad to know that you are planning to work on this. Could you please put
> you plan in an accessible place (or post it here) so that we know what
> you plans are. That way we can work on what you are not working. And
> also possible contribute to your plan in other ways (like testing and
Actually my work will include extending the ipa-cp pass to propagate
range information and then integrating this information to improve LTO
optimizations (at-least one). But as mentioned by Jan Hubicka the real
problem is not to extend ipa-cp pass but tree-vrp it self a big task
and scheduling it at early stage will cost a performance lose.
So actually I was looking at some alternatives to Patterson's approach
and particularly I found this non iterative method:
https://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daw/papers/range-tacas04.pdf which has
already implemented in LLVM
So my plan for this is first implementing above mentioned approach
till 23 May , 2016 (My college project ) and then use this local pass
for Value range analysis and then in my GSoC 2016 project I will use
this pass for ipa-vrp pass and improving other ipa optimizations to
use this information.
Though in particular I have yet not figured implementation details.
Currently I am learning about gcc IRs.
If you have any further idea ( specially about constraints based
method ) please let me know and help building my implementation