This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Source Code for Profile Guided Code Positioning
- From: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- To: vivek pandya <vivekvpandya at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Maxim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>, Pavel Kopyl <p dot kopyl at samsung dot com>, Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 20:51:03 +0300
- Subject: Re: Source Code for Profile Guided Code Positioning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHYgpoLhosGmQZJb6OHiD6SmJ6Y_BTuEh_8Pj6z1DeHp_b0C4A at mail dot gmail dot com> <56992CFC dot 7050207 at samsung dot com> <CAHYgpoJ9mqxcAiLLrAdPyiwmzms+Vcz3yk9f2uN_39AjHFuqhw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 01/15/2016 08:44 PM, vivek pandya wrote:
Thanks Yury for
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2011-09/msg01440.html this link.
It implements procedure reordering as linker plugin.
I have some questions :
1 ) Can you point me to some documentation for "how to write plugin
for linkers " I am I have not seen doc for structs with 'ld_' prefix
(i.e defined in plugin-api.h )
2 ) There is one more algorithm for Basic Block ordering with
execution frequency count in PH paper . Is there any implementation
available for it ?
Quite frankly - I don't know (I've only learned about Google
I've added Sriram to maybe comment.