This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove sel-sched?
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Andrey Belevantsev <abel at ispras dot ru>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Bernd Schmidt <bschmidt at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:18:59 -0600
- Subject: Re: Remove sel-sched?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569696A5 dot 9000204 at redhat dot com> <56974947 dot 3060004 at ispras dot ru> <5697DA29 dot 3090404 at redhat dot com> <5698C06F dot 2000803 at ispras dot ru> <CAFiYyc1=3MwKGU5K_6uXwfK9Nvos89cfYgpwp57-2Tm2=ah5Dw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 11:13 +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> Btw, I'd like people to start thinking if the scheduling algorithms
> working on loops (and sometimes requiring unrolling of loops) can be
> implemented in a way to apply that unrolling on the GIMPLE level
> (not the scheduling itself of course).
We've been underwhelmed with the RTL unroller on POWER and I think
we concur that a GIMPLE level unroller would be interesting.