Re: Remove sel-sched?

On 01/14/2016 06:26 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
I think the bigger question Bernd is asking here is whether or not it
makes sense to have multiple schedulers.  In an ideal world we'd bake
them off select the best and deprecate/remove the others.

I didn't follow sel-sched development closely, so forgive me if the
questions are simplistic/naive, but what are the main benefits of
sel-sched and is it at a point (performance-wise) where it could
conceivably replace the aging haifa scheduler infrastructure?

I think haifa has the advantage in comprehensibility. It also has features that are missing from sel-sched such as c6x delay slot and modulo scheduling.

Bernd