This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++14 template code working in GCC 5.1 stops working in 5.2 and 5.3
- From: Yongwei Wu <wuyongwei at gmail dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 10:54:13 +0800
- Subject: Re: C++14 template code working in GCC 5.1 stops working in 5.2 and 5.3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADs46idV4QyGtVVU_pFU5gtheLeT2=oQ9snNBQkaO28kNuhH8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdQ0hDeQ1O-1unJhEwvtkd2dKzshb2i0JiBpXjWuRdkp-Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10 January 2016 at 23:29, Jonathan Wakely <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 10 January 2016 at 14:55, Yongwei Wu wrote:
>> Hi GCC gurus,
>> I have an implementation of Y Combinator in C++, which works in GCC
>> 4.9 to 5.1 as well as Clang 3.5 (in C++14 mode). It stops working in
>> GCC 5.2 and 5.3. I cannot really whether it is a GCC bug or not, but
>> it looks like GCC is being too eager in template instantiation. Would
>> you please check?
> Please report it to Bugzilla instead of asking here. If it's a bug it
> will be dealt with, if it's not the report will be closed.
Thanks for the suggestion. Now posted at: