This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
doc maintainer questions
- From: David Wohlferd <dw at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 11:52:17 -0800
- Subject: doc maintainer questions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have been discussing adding some content to the basic asm docs. As
part of this work, I want to add a discussion of "How to convert basic
asm to extended asm." However it doesn't seem like this is a good fit
for the User Guide. This is both because the UG doesn't generally talk
about "How To" write code, and because the text may need updates more
often than the UG gets released.
I'm thinking this might be a better fit for the gcc wiki. But that
brings up a few questions:
1) Is it appropriate for the UG to link to sections in the wiki? I see
that we do, but should we?
2) How do I get 'edit' access to the wiki?
3) Where in the wiki should it go?