This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[RFC] ICE when error_mark_node is gimplified
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 20:55:46 -0800
- Subject: [RFC] ICE when error_mark_node is gimplified
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
PR 68948 shows a case which has been broken for a long time and very
hard to see. So I am recommending that we introduce an assert inside
the gimplifier if we process an error_mark_node and there was no
errors or sorrys from the front-end; I will send a patch if there is a
general feeling that it is a good idea.
Good idea or bad idea? This will prevent cases like PR 68948 from
happening and make it easier to understand why the wrong code is