Re: basic asm and memory clobbers - Proposed solution

On 12/15/2015 1:13 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
Sadly, I'm putting most of this discussion into my gcc-7 queue anyway.

Fair enough. If "clobbers" is what we're going to do, that sounds more like a phase 1 thing.

That said, some people who have this problem may prefer to fix it sooner rather than later. If we soften the text for the docs to remove the word "deprecate," would just adding -Wonly-top-basic-asm (non-default) be useful for v6?

dw