This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: basic asm and memory clobbers - Proposed solution
- From: David Wohlferd <dw at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Paul_Koning at Dell dot com
- Cc: bschmidt at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:17:24 -0800
- Subject: Re: basic asm and memory clobbers - Proposed solution
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56552209 dot 1020306 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <56592801 dot 9010606 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <565DC5F4 dot 6080804 at foss dot arm dot com> <565E1E37 dot 9080609 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1512012323160 dot 12604 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <565E6862 dot 7070401 at redhat dot com> <566B4BA1 dot 8000509 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <566BEE35 dot 6070804 at redhat dot com> <HE1PR07MB0905876DB6CE2AEBB578DBB6E4EC0 at HE1PR07MB0905 dot eurprd07 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <566E68BF dot 50403 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <20151214081032 dot GB32573 at gate dot crashing dot org> <56700CF5 dot 4090800 at redhat dot com> <A0C744BA-D77B-4F8A-8692-99D01A2A495F at dell dot com> <5670828C dot 3080506 at redhat dot com>
On 12/15/2015 1:13 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
Sadly, I'm putting most of this discussion into my gcc-7 queue anyway.
Fair enough. If "clobbers" is what we're going to do, that sounds more
like a phase 1 thing.
That said, some people who have this problem may prefer to fix it sooner
rather than later. If we soften the text for the docs to remove the
word "deprecate," would just adding -Wonly-top-basic-asm (non-default)
be useful for v6?