This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Removing "Severity" from New Bug form
- From: FrÃdÃric Buclin <LpSolit at netscape dot net>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 16:26:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: Removing "Severity" from New Bug form
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH6eHdSAgZZguvR7tYfE4P1AW1RVCuPq0zLRBhp68-_Dsf8awA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc0wXU5rsJhA-gn=JztQ1DcBDD2eiLA5vNCi-k6MzJDYfQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdQgWwJiAT5VvjtY15SQrq5TPPL7X7MRTfrb+AwFjeCxyg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: LpSolit at netscape dot net
Le 08. 12. 15 14:16, Jonathan Wakely a Ãcrit :
>> Dropping it is ok I think.
> Yes, even for the valid "enhancement" cases a maintainer who triages
> the report could set that easily enough.
If maintainers still use the severity field to triage bugs, then it
should not be dropped. It would be much easier to restrict the ability
to edit the severity field to users with editbugs privs (basically users
with a @gcc.gnu.org account + a few other accounts).