This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: building gcc with macro support for gdb?
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, Ryan Burn <rnickb731 at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 17:14:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: building gcc with macro support for gdb?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACqP_ww+yFuYVZpXZJw+og3Zr776SvpiH1rtqO7SNKjmhm+1+g at mail dot gmail dot com> <1449107325 dot 7269 dot 9 dot camel at vnet dot ibm dot com> <5660674C dot 6050708 at gmail dot com> <87wpsu86gr dot fsf at tromey dot com> <56632487 dot 4010501 at gmail dot com>
Martin> The one that's more difficult is 18881 where the debugger cannot
Martin> resolve calls to functions overloaded on the constness of the
Martin> argument. Do you happen to have a trick for dealing with that
Nothing really convenient to use. Sometimes you can get it to do the
right thing by using special gdb syntax to pick the correct overload;
but of course that's a pain.