invalid conversion from typeX** to const typeX**

Hi GCC dev team,

I have developed software to parse C(++) code and automatically add
const to function arguments (tracing all functions and their
references). However, I have encountered an issue with the GCC/VS
compilers preventing assignment of typeX** to const typeX**.
Considering that const is being automatically added to the code after
it is written, there is no danger of the situation occurring that is
used to justify this limitation
(http://c-faq.com/ansi/constmismatch.html). The const attribute is
purely being used to enable programmers to know whether a variable is
expected to be modified by the function (no checking of the
problematic case above is required). I was wondering; is there any way
of working around this design constraint?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Richard Baxter