This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 5.4 Status report (2015-12-04)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:43:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC 5.4 Status report (2015-12-04)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1512041428530 dot 4884 at t29 dot fhfr dot qr> <CAF1jjLuYJ8j5LbN8CpcGvofHv4iDdhsjhe2x3DCdCXOF=L+npg at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1512041436320 dot 1941 at laptop-mg dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 02:37:46PM +0100, Marc Glisse wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Dec 2015, NightStrike wrote:
> >Will there be another 4.9 release, too? I'm really hoping that branch
> >can stay open a bit, since I can't upgrade to the new std::string
> >implementation yet.
> Uh? The new ABI in libstdc++ is supposed to be optional, you can still use
> the old std::string in gcc-5, can't you?
Sure, you can either configure gcc 5 so that it defaults to the new or old
ABI, and you can always also override it through command line options.
As for another 4.9 release, yes, there will be 4.9.4 at some point at least.