This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 5.4 Status report (2015-12-04)
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:42:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC 5.4 Status report (2015-12-04)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1512041428530 dot 4884 at t29 dot fhfr dot qr> <CAF1jjLuYJ8j5LbN8CpcGvofHv4iDdhsjhe2x3DCdCXOF=L+npg at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1512041436320 dot 1941 at laptop-mg dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Marc Glisse <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Dec 2015, NightStrike wrote:
>> Will there be another 4.9 release, too? I'm really hoping that branch
>> can stay open a bit, since I can't upgrade to the new std::string
>> implementation yet.
Yes, there will be another 4.9 release as well. Usually we close the 4.9 branch
with a last release somewhen after GCC 6 is released.
> Uh? The new ABI in libstdc++ is supposed to be optional, you can still use
> the old std::string in gcc-5, can't you?
> Marc Glisse