This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: building gcc with macro support for gdb?
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ryan Burn <rnickb731 at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 19:48:45 -0600
- Subject: Re: building gcc with macro support for gdb?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACqP_ww+yFuYVZpXZJw+og3Zr776SvpiH1rtqO7SNKjmhm+1+g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 20:05 -0500, Ryan Burn wrote:
> Is there any way to easily build a stage1 gcc with macro support for debugging?
> I tried setting CFLAGS, and CXXFLAGS to specify "-O0 -g3" via the
> command line before running configure, but that only includes those
> flags for some of the compilation steps.
> I was only successful after I manually edited the makefile to replace
> "-g" with "-g3".
Try CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-O0 -g3 -fno-inline' and CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-O0 -g3 -fno-inline'