This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 5.3 Status Report (2015-11-20)
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 10:17:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC 5.3 Status Report (2015-11-20)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1511201353130 dot 4884 at t29 dot fhfr dot qr> <CAGWvnyk_yh+jEo2-ME2XS-ZnVVNq_p9kjrc_p=ny_sLuSy+BYw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5651C53F dot 60708 at gnu dot org> <CAGWvnynrw=t6=h9XSBr8NJwsmPaG57zG7EVc9mLGszTiy-QOBA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5655E883 dot 9000604 at gnu dot org> <CAGWvny=h-Hwd9pCqwsgHUDTXbfjng612RmR0-P7KYw8tdbxoMA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM, David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Patch committed to upstream libtool, thanks for your understanding.
> How can I have the patch backported to GCC trunk and 5-branch libtool,
> and then rebuild configure with the appropriate versions of autoconf?
> I have not been able to install the correct versions of autoconf to
> produce configure without gratuitous changes.
I've never had problems building the FSF tarballs of the versions we use
and using those to re-generate files. Sometimes it shows others
re-generated with slightly different versions (thus producing unrelated
I originally planned to do RC1 tomorrow (Friday) but if I don't see any
traces of this patch I'll wait until Monday but no longer.
> Thanks, David