Re: GCC 5.3 Status Report (2015-11-20)

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM, David Edelsohn <dje.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> Patch committed to upstream libtool, thanks for your understanding.
>
> Great!
>
> How can I have the patch backported to GCC trunk and 5-branch libtool,
> and then rebuild configure with the appropriate versions of autoconf?
> I have not been able to install the correct versions of autoconf to
> produce configure without gratuitous changes.

I've never had problems building the FSF tarballs of the versions we use
and using those to re-generate files.  Sometimes it shows others
re-generated with slightly different versions (thus producing unrelated
changes) though.

I originally planned to do RC1 tomorrow (Friday) but if I don't see any
traces of this patch I'll wait until Monday but no longer.

Thanks,
Richard.