This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ order of evaluation of operands, arguments
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:49:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: C++ order of evaluation of operands, arguments
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56539AD0 dot 80905 at redhat dot com> <56543423 dot 2010707 at redhat dot com> <5655FD37 dot 60101 at gmail dot com>
On 11/25/2015 06:25 PM, Martin Sebor wrote:
> The motivating example in the paper suggests that many C++
> programmers expect a left to right order of evaluation here
> due to the commonality of constructs like chains of calls.
Sure, I often see
but does anyone actually do
That's what I'm talking about.