This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ order of evaluation of operands, arguments
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 11:03:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: C++ order of evaluation of operands, arguments
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56539AD0 dot 80905 at redhat dot com> <56543423 dot 2010707 at redhat dot com>
> In addition, I don't see anything about C compatibility here. It
> would be very confusing, to say the least, if this were to be defined
> in C++ but not C.
Or at least they should get some form of guarantee that future C standards
will not introduce incompatible rules.