This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
C++ order of evaluation of operands, arguments
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 18:01:36 -0500
- Subject: C++ order of evaluation of operands, arguments
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
There's a proposal working through the C++ committee to define the order
of evaluation of subexpressions that previously had unspecified ordering:
I agree with much of this, but was concerned about the proposal to
define order of evaluation of function arguments as left-to-right, since
GCC does right-to-left on PUSH_ARGS_REVERSED targets, including x86_64.