Re: basic asm and memory clobbers

On 21/11/15 12:56, David Wohlferd wrote:
> So, what now?
>
> While I'd like to take the big step and start kicking out warnings for
> non-top-level right now, that may be too bold for phase 3.  A more
> modest step for v6 would just provide a way to find them (maybe
> something like -Wnon-top-basic-asm or -Wonly-top-basic-asm) and doc the
> current behavior as well as the upcoming change.

Warnings would be good.

My warning still holds: there are modes of compilation on some
machines where you can't clobber all registers without causing reload
failures.  This is why Jeff didn't fix this in 1999.  So, if we really
do want to clobber "all" registers in basic asm it'll take a lot of
work.

Andrew.