This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
how to tweak x86 code generation to instrument certain opcodes with CC trap?
- From: Yasser Shalabi <yassershalabi at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 00:37:04 -0500
- Subject: how to tweak x86 code generation to instrument certain opcodes with CC trap?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am new to the GCC code. I want to make a simple modification to the
back end. I want to add a debug exception (int3) to be generated
before any instance of certain x86 instructions.
I tried to modify gcc/config/i386/i386.md by adding a "int3" to the
define_insn for instructions of interest. But that just caused
configure to fail (cannot run generated C programs).
Any pointers on how to approach this? Also, suggestions for
alternative approaches are also welcome.