This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: UTF-8 quotation marks in diagnostics
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh at mimosa dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 00:18:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: UTF-8 quotation marks in diagnostics
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LRH dot 2 dot 02 dot 1510211705080 dot 3681 at redclaw dot mimosa dot com> <56283B7D dot 9020903 at gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1510221629450 dot 8870 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <5629334C dot 7020009 at gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1510221935230 dot 23141 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <5629749D dot 6070703 at gmail dot com>
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015, Martin Sebor wrote:
> > Again, LC_CTYPE does *not* affect source file interpretation.
> I understand what you're saying. What I am saying is that if this
> is how c99 behaves it's in conflict with POSIX because LC_CTYPE
> is exactly how source file interpretation is specified to be
That's a matter for whoever provides the "c99" wrapper (not the GCC
project at present).
Joseph S. Myers