This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Proposed doc update for Explicit Reg Vars 2/3
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, David Wohlferd <dw at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 09:40:14 -0600
- Subject: Re: Proposed doc update for Explicit Reg Vars 2/3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561C3D44 dot 5040506 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <20151019214241 dot GQ17756 at gate dot crashing dot org> <56271390 dot 1000005 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <20151021112755 dot GE19075 at gate dot crashing dot org>
On 10/21/2015 05:27 AM, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
I installed this patch from David with an update to use the "Registers
are a scarce resource ..." text.
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 09:24:48PM -0700, David Wohlferd wrote:
+Registers can be a limited resource on some systems and allowing the
They are a limited resource on almost all systems. "Scarce resource"?
"Scarce" it is. I've left the rest alone for the moment, but how would
you feel about:
"Registers are a scarce resource on most systems and allowing the"
That sounds fine.
Thanks David & Segher.