This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 6 Status Report (2015-10-16)
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Pierre-Marie de Rodat <derodat at adacore dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:38:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: GCC 6 Status Report (2015-10-16)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1510161108250 dot 29931 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <562660C9 dot 4010900 at adacore dot com> <56266569 dot 30709 at redhat dot com> <5626931B dot 8050107 at adacore dot com>
On 10/20/2015 01:16 PM, Pierre-Marie de Rodat wrote:
var tracking might be best sent to Alex (email@example.com) and the
dwarf stuff to Jason, Cary & Jakub.
On 10/20/2015 12:01 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
* The patch series for transition to standard DWARF for Ada
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-08/msg01857.html). There are 8
patches, each one depending on the previous one, except the 6/8 one
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-07/msg01361.html) which could
go on its own.
* Track indirect calls as call site information in DWARF
I've been leaving all that stuff to Jason & Jakub. My knowledge of
dwarf, both the specs and our implementation is so limited that my
review would be worthless.
Thank you for your quick answer!
Regarding the long standard DWARF patch series, Jakup told me in July
that he would not have time to review dwarf2out patches and advised me
to ping Jason and Cary instead (which I did since then ;-)).
On the indirect calls tracking side (affecting both dwarf2out and
var-tracking), Richard told me in August that heâs not the correct
person to ping for dwarf2out patches, so I did ping you for the
var-tracking part and Jason for the dwarf2out part afterwards.