Re: Proposed doc update for Explicit Reg Vars 1/3

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 03:06:19PM -0700, David Wohlferd wrote:
> But now it has annoyed someone who is willing to work on it.

And thanks for that :-)

> The current menu page has a couple of flaws:
>
> 1) It tries to condense the entire contents of the other 2 pages into a
> single paragraph each.  This loses a lot of detail and nuance, as well
> as introducing unnecessary duplication of information with the subpages.

It provides an introduction, which is quite helpful in this case.  Without
some blurb the two-entry menu looks silly too.

Can you move the intro to the separate pages instead of losing it altogether?

> 2) What the heck is a "reg var"?  Why can't we just call this a
> "register variable"?

It is shorter and as such makes the menus (both in the body text and in the
navigation) look nicer.  But there are many other long names, of course.

Abot the patches themselves...  Hard to review again, sigh...  Two spaces
after a full stop, one after a comma.

Segher