This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: Windows support dropped from gcc trunk
- From: Tim Prince <tprince818 dot tp at gmail dot com>
- To: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, ktietz70 at googlemail dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:48:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Windows support dropped from gcc trunk
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561E67C1 dot 40701 at aol dot com> <561E75A4 dot 50001 at gmail dot com> <20151014153647 dot GA56419 at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
On 10/14/2015 11:36 AM, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:32:52AM -0400, Tim Prince wrote:
>> Sorry if someone sees this multiple times; I think it may have been
>> stopped by ISP or text mode filtering:
>> Since Sept. 26, the partial support for Windows 64-bit has been dropped
>> from gcc trunk:
>> winnt.c apparently has problems with seh, which prevent bootstrapping,
>> and prevent the new gcc from building libraries.
>> libgfortran build throws a fatal error on account of lack of support for
>> __float128, even if a working gcc is used.
>> I didn't see any notification about this; maybe it wasn't a consensus
>> There are satisfactory pre-built gfortran 5.2 compilers (including
>> libgomp, although that is off by default and the testsuite wants acc as
>> well as OpenMP) available in cygwin64 (test version) and (apparently)
> The last comment to winnt.c is
> 2015-10-02 Kai Tietz <email@example.com>
> PR target/51726
> * config/i386/winnt.c (ix86_handle_selectany_attribute): Handle
> selectany within this function without need to keep attribute.
> (i386_pe_encode_section_info): Remove selectany-code.
> Perhaps, contact Kai.
> I added firstname.lastname@example.org as this technically isn't a Fortran issue.
test suite reports hundred of new ICE instances, all referring to this
In function 'foo':^M
internal compiler error: in i386_pe_seh_unwind_emit, at
Please submit a full bug report,^M
I will file a bugzila if that is what is wanted, but I wanted to know if
there is a new configure option required.
As far as I know there were always problems with long double for Windows
targets, but the refusal of libgfortran to build on account of it is new.