This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Missing dependency in Ada build?
- From: Alan Lawrence <alan dot lawrence at arm dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:25:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Missing dependency in Ada build?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56152305 dot 5080102 at arm dot com> <6070373 dot kZBQ7Kpo1E at polaris> <5617B1EF dot 406 at arm dot com> <3551787 dot jTOXh8fuXe at polaris>
On 12/10/15 10:58, Eric Botcazou wrote:
Yes, that fixes the dependency problem; the build waits for the xsinfo to
terminate. This at least makes it easy to Ctrl-C and try again. Are we aware
of any reason why *not* to make that change?
You may have noticed that I had made it before you posted this message. :-)
Ah, right. You give me far too much credit ;)
The hang in xsinfo appears to be miscompilation when the host compiler is
gnat-4.8 (on ARM), whereas gnat-4.6 succeeds. I'm going to try again with
later versions (4.9/5.0/etc.)...
Thanks. This could be worth documenting somewhere then.
I can confirm that gnat-4.9 works OK (as well as gnat-4.6).
I wonder whether bugzilla is still the right place to document this, given 4.8
is now end-of-lifed...do you know of anywhere appropriate?