This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Missing dependency in Ada build?
- From: Alan Lawrence <alan dot lawrence at arm dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 13:24:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: Missing dependency in Ada build?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56152305 dot 5080102 at arm dot com> <6070373 dot kZBQ7Kpo1E at polaris>
On 07/10/15 18:33, Eric Botcazou wrote:
So it looks like there are two problems here:
(1) xsinfo not terminating;
(2) a missing dependency, that the g++ steps should depend upon the step
producing sinfo.h (i.e. the mv that comes after problem (1))
I'm going to look at (1), but I'm hoping someone more familiar with the Ada
build system might be able to help with regards to (2)....?
Try to replace $(GNAT1_ADA_OBJS) with $(GNAT1_OBJS) in the line:
# When building from scratch we don't have dependency files, the only thing
# we need to ensure is that the generated files are created first.
$(GNAT1_ADA_OBJS) $(GNATBIND_OBJS): | $(ada_generated_files)
Yes, that fixes the dependency problem; the build waits for the xsinfo to
terminate. This at least makes it easy to Ctrl-C and try again. Are we aware of
any reason why *not* to make that change?
The hang in xsinfo appears to be miscompilation when the host compiler is
gnat-4.8 (on ARM), whereas gnat-4.6 succeeds. I'm going to try again with later