This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Understand GCC test process
- From: Sabrina Souto <sabrinadfs at gmail dot com>
- To: Mikhail Maltsev <maltsevm at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 08:37:43 -0300
- Subject: Re: Understand GCC test process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAA1wpi1MCPPBqmr2iCKmpdiG5gu5zL=MOAx+y1cEtfzxkMajLg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdSaqsn8xDSG46GwMvgVjGOoRoPtkXC5t+AbAvg=_jkkkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAA1wpi3y_SO8s_pjaZS-fC6GgfkuDCOnnaQNurDJkZi1kqJY7w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdTwhgLHWQhsdrB9ZUX3=LD3m-m=hBGXswmyT0c2+c5DHQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAA1wpi22TZ=awDNWRBtechjamK+T+Z3LiB7GnsnXO1sdMUxp2w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdQhBsu6BfRFpikXEeBsvN=fV9O16ytp-Vb41ke++Zt_iQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAA1wpi0om0ZoFPopu0j4YmGM_iFNM4H8-2NwKunu2Ta-SEHuRA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdSytBH4nWEQyRKDN15htwwYd1yfienLS1yn6eZ0EsfF=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAA1wpi0o+93pJOaG6XWyJhWfyL83C4gTyESXzO_zQuHb_9rOfA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5615B30D dot 9070405 at gmail dot com>
> See also
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-06/msg00765.html - a proposal to add
> unit tests to GCC.
Grate work! I'll also try to use this framework.
> Probably the message is wrong. Nevertheless, IIRC, the preprocessor is also run
> as xg++. xg++ will invoke the compiler proper (cc1plus), which will perform
Good to know.
> Mostly in gcc and libcpp directories. Code from include and libiberty is also used.
> Consider looking at https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Source-Tree.html and
> gcc/Makefile.in in more detail.
> Finally, note that GCC has some means of test coverage analysis: you can
> configure/build it with "--disable-bootstrap --enable-coverage", run the tests
> and then use gcov.
Helpful explanation, Mikhail.