This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[RFC, VECTOR ABI] Allow __attribute__((vector)) in GCC by default.
- From: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 16:07:35 +0300
- Subject: [RFC, VECTOR ABI] Allow __attribute__((vector)) in GCC by default.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Recently vector ABI was introduced into GCC
Vector versions of math functions were incorporated in to GlibC
starting from v2.22.
Unfortunately, to get this functions work `-fopenmp'
switch must be added to compiler invocation. This is due to the fact that
vector variant of math functions generated using `omp declare simd' pragma.
There's an alternative to use __attribute__((vector)) for function. Currently
it's enabled under `-fcilkplus' switch.
To enable vectorization of loops w/ calls to math functions it is reasonable
to enable parsing of attribute vector for functions unconditionally and
change GlibC's header file not to use `omp declare simd', but use
If community have no pre-denial, I'll prepare a patch for GCC
main trunk & GlibC.