This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Bug 66848 - boehm-gc fails test suite on x86_64-apple-darwin15
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth dot at dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 14:19:17 -0400
- Subject: Bug 66848 - boehm-gc fails test suite on x86_64-apple-darwin15
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Does anyone know which upstream boehm-gc release FSF gcc's copy was
last synchronized against? The system libunwinder.dylib (providing the
compatibility unwinder on darwin) has been recompiled, without source
changes, in OS X 10.11 El Capitan. This recompilation with the newer
Apple clang 7.0 compiler has broken the boehm-gc test suite on
as demonstrated by the fact that substituting the libunwind.dylib from
darwin14 on darwin15 eliminates the boehm-gc test suite failures.
Apple considers the optimization changes made by the Clang 7.0
compiler to the compatibility unwinder in libunwind.dylib to be safe
and believes that it tickles a latent bug in FSF gcc's boehm-gc.
The upstream release for boehm-gc 7.2 through 7.4.2 all build
fine and pass their test suite on darwin15. Looking at the sources, it
seems that the current boehm-gc is based on upstream gc 7.1 or earlier
so perhaps updating the FSF gcc's boehm-gc to 7.2 or later may help
resolve this issue.