This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ppc eabi float arguments
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernhard Schommer <bernhardschommer at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 14:19:56 +0930
- Subject: Re: ppc eabi float arguments
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAG8G+nuVbXWb=meQ5dEWXqkSwPM-Jk-8S=xQYd-==x6QJRBneQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 07:39:43PM +0200, Bernhard Schommer wrote:
> Does anyone know the reason why the gcc passes the argument as single float?
That's how the first powerpc gcc implementation behaved. Once gcc
compiled code is out in the field, you need to ask everyone to
recompile their code in order to fix an ABI problem. That may be more
disrupting than just leaving gcc incompatible with other compilers.
Australia Development Lab, IBM